Your thoughts on Swift Key Flow vs Swype
I have been using Swift Key Flow since the beta came out. Before that I was a dedicated Swype user. I have also used SlideIT and Swift Key. Briefly I also tried TouchPal and The Jelly Bean Gesture keyboard.
My personal choice has come down to Swift Key Flow or Swype. And I am leaning now towards Swype.
After using SK Flow from the day the beta launched. I have switched to swype just the other day and I found it much more intuitive to me for the following reasons:
- I don't have to ever think about whether or not I can swipe or have to tap.
- editing and correcting is easier when you don't have the word suggestions change constantly depending on where you click on the word you want to edit
- Word suggestion in swype, while inferior to SK Flow, is not significantly worse. (And on a side note, I swapped to regular SK the other day and I found the word prediction significantly better than Flow. Perhaps because I am using suggested words more often when tapping?)
- voice to text is about a tie between the two
- accuracy of letters for my swiping patterns is very slightly better in swype
I am going to switch back to SK Flow for a bit. And the 4.2 keyboard also. But it looks like I am going to settle on swype with SK Flow (I own regular SK and therefore will get Flow once it is out of beta) as a fall back.