View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #168 (permalink)
Savage Shadows

Device(s): TMobile Nexus 4 16GB, Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Prevail, HTC EVO Design 4g
Carrier: TMobile

Not a rig, but a question on the value of a GPU. I found an ad on good old CraigsList, the poster is wanting to trade their "very lightly used pny nvidia geforce gt 620 graphics card" for Skyrim for the 360. I recently traded my 360 in while GameStop was holding a double trade in value promo, because I wanted to get a decent value out of it while it still worked (thought it might be on its way out, sometimes couldn't even open Netflix). Point is, got a free dl code for Skyrim when I got my new 360, and have been debating whether or not to use it, and still have not.

I am interested in building a rig. Something decent enough to maybe get into some casual but high end PC gaming, but not something top of the line. Although it definitely needs to be capable of some serious Photoshop usage, as it may soon be part of my work.

I know very little about how different PC components stack up against each other (I follow mobile and console gaming tech instead). So my questions are, is this a worthwhile trade? And would this be worth using if I want to take advantage of a system with 6GB of RAM and maybe a decent overclocked i5?