Thread: Accessory Otterbox Cases
View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #43 (permalink)
twister6

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Did I say "Defender was the best case for me"? That was yesterday's news lol!!! Although still waiting for Otterbox warranty claim reply with a tracking number, I'm probably going to cancel it and return my case back to Verizon.

After playing more with it, I got so frustrated with that screen protector flex - I took the case off. There was also another thing I found to be as a shortfall, in my opinion. Back of the case has one of the best grips for holding it or placing on the surface. But the front of the case, although offering a very good protection, has plastic case sticking out further than rubber outer shell. Thus, once you place the case screen down, it's sitting on a plastic rather than rubber part. I can't comment if its like that with all Defender cases for other phones, but I don't understand why the design of outer rubber shell can't wrap around the plastic?

Even with these faults above, Defender still offers one the best protection for your phone. For those who work in harsh environment or extremely paranoid about dropping the phone - its one of the most solid protections. But at the same time I can also see why a number of people commented in both this and xda forums about Otterbox rushing out this design. Will give Ballistic and UAG a shot next.