View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Do yourself a favor and get the manual for your router. They probably have a PDF version. Anyway go through the manual and find out how to reserve IP Addresses for all of the devices on your network. I have found that sometimes the DHCP server on routers can hold IP addresses, deny release of an IP address a device wants to have just after the lease resets, and generally just cause spooky things with Android. What reserving IP Addresses will do is tell both your Router and Device that no matter what that Device owns that particular IP address every time it connects rather than it looking at 254 different numbers (although most routers only leave 50 IP's to the DHCP server) to find the next one available. I have recommended this to several friends and customers and it has a pretty good success rate of fixing issues. Also check for Router firmware updates from Belkin. If this doesn't work let me know as I have a few other suggestions.
The Following User Says Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
Atma (January 14th, 2013)