fix from Motorola
Tanya: Hi, my name is Tanya. How may I help you?
chris I have an atrix 2 and ever since the OTA update to android 4.04 my phone has been slow and lags doing everything, even opening up the apps menu i get a delay
Tanya: My apologies. I'll be glad to assist you.
Tanya: Please verify the MEID/IMEI of the phone.
Tanya: Have you checked the memory status on your phone?
chris: I have checked the available memory and my task manager lists it at over 300 MB free for ram
Tanya: I see.
Tanya: Please do the following then.
Tanya: Clearing the partition will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.
1. Power up the phone by pressing the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will enumerate with different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL and VOL UP Key to SELECT
4. Press the VOL DOWN to highlight Recovery
5. Press the VOL UP to Select Recovery
5. The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark
6. Press the VOL UP and VOL DOWN Key together at this screen
7. The device will display BLUE Text on a Black background.
8. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll DOWN and the POWER Key to SELECT the option desired.
9. In this case, press the VOL DOWN key till the Wipe Cache Partition is selected and press the POWER key to confirm the selection.
10. Device will perform Partition Wipe
11. The device will be back to the display BLUE Text on a Black background.
12. Select Reboot System Now.
Tanya: Please let me know once you're done.
chris: ok I will do that
Tanya: How is it going now?
chris that seems to have helped