View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #2878 (permalink)
johnlgalt
Antidisestablishmentarian

Device(s): Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®
Carrier: VZW

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,362 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to johnlgalt Send a message via MSN to johnlgalt Send a message via Yahoo to johnlgalt Send a message via Skype™ to johnlgalt johnlgalt@gmail.com
Default Re: Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

The search takes some getting used to, but there are options in the advanced search that make it a lot easier to use.

The basic one is to show posts instead of threads, and to search for multiple terms using Boolean logic controls, or else search for a phrase if that is what you are looking for.

That being said, though, there should never be a rude response to anyone h ***didn't*** use the search button. Since performing the search takes 5 seconds, but being rude to someone usually takes more, spend less time and just link to the search you would have performed if you were the OP.

It's not rocket science - and there is never a need to be rude, no matter how good you ***THINK*** you are. You were a n00b once - even if you were using BBS systems on a 300 baud modem. Even if you helped develop the original TCP/IP stack - you have no right to be rude here, and rather than reprimanding the n00b who didn't search, I'm betting my savings account that the mods here will reprimand ***ANYONE*** who is rude to a n00b.

Files for the Motorola® DROID® BIONIC®:
Motorola USB drivers v5.9.0 | Motorola RSD Lite v5.7
My DropBox Referral link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnlgalt For This Useful Post:
jmar (March 2nd, 2013), ryancmatchett (January 17th, 2013), Stinky Stinky (January 17th, 2013)