Originally Posted by jamesb6789
1) Would you buy a used 8.9 with 16gb 3G or a 16gb Nexus 7 (non-3G) today if they were the same price?
2) How fast is ICS on this tab and does it run Skype video etc OK?
3) Is there a stable Jelly Bean version and is it easy for a newbie to install?
Thanks in advance!
1) If I didn't need 3G or want the bigger screen, I'd definitely go with the Nexus because of its superior software. And I know both devices well because I have the 8.9 and my wife the N7.
2) ICS is pretty good on the 8.9 but falls well short of vanilla JB on the N7. Skype is fine even on the old Honeycomb ROM.
3) Installing custom ROMs is easy on the 8.9. Make absolutely certain that you do a nandroid backup before you do. As far as options and stability, read the two threads below: