View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
pbf98
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy S5 Droid Razr Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Verizon

Well President Obama addressed his proposal last night. He used the constitution and found an example where guns hindered each right.

and here's one part I said "did he really just say that?"

Quote:
Obama added that “that most fundamental set of rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” were “denied to college students at Virginia Tech and high school students at Columbine and elementary school students in Newtown, and kids on street corners in Chicago on too frequent a basis to tolerate.”
Chicago? Doesn't Chicago have some of the strictest gun laws on the books? I wish someone would have called him on that..

Then he goes on to say:
Quote:
“All the families who never imagined they’d lose a loved one to a bullet, those rights are at stake,” he said. “We’re responsible.”
What about those who never imagined they'd lose a loved to a senseless car accident?

That statement angered me, 2 years ago, I lost the love of my life to a senseless car accident, and there was no one trying to pass bills to avenge her death. She was only 20 years old, how is her life less important than those involved in a shooting? Sure it was only one life (Acctually 2 she was with her cousin). But a loss of any life is a tragic event. You should not say anyones death is more important than someone else.

If "we're" responsible for those who have lost a loved one from a bullet, than "we're" responsible for any death in any way. I am not the one who shot up the movie theater, and I am not the one who killed 20 kids, I am not responsible for those deaths, and neither are my firearms that I own. The ones responsible for both are either dead or in custody, blame them not the People of this country, and not the firearms that we use to keep us safe.