Thread: pew pew Droid
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Demineaux
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kyocera Rise, ZTE X-500
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Send a message via Skype™ to Demineaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
Welcome to the forums

Sounds like you might have an issue with the touch screen. You might want to get in contact with your manufacturer of the device or your carrier about warranty options. Sorry

Thanks for joining though
I'm not sure if you read the problem right but, it has absolutely nothing to do with the touch screen. The capacitive buttons as well as the screen are both perfectly fine. The actually physical buttons and keyboard, all except the power button, aren't working right.

Quote:
The thing that is weird, however, is if I hold down the button for 10+ seconds, it presses the button, but it stays down. So if I hold the volume-up button, and it will eventually go up, it will go to max, and when I attempt to adjust it on-screen, it will simply keep rising the volume. The same is true for the keyboard. Applying the same measures(10+ sec hold), the button will eventually press, but it will simply spam the letter(i.e. hold down 'u' and recieve uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...)

The problem lies therein with the software, after a week of troubleshooting, I'm not sure if there are any Android gurus that can help me out because I've exhausted every measure except going into the system's files itself.

Quote:
Well, a factory reset might be the top troubleshooting that I would suggest in this case, that is if you haven't tried it before.
Well, only tried it twice. Third time could be the charm, haha.

Thanks guys for responding, I want to see if I can get all the solutions possible without actually sending the phone back for a new one because my carrier is Virgin Mobile, and I'd be phoneless for 3 weeks if I did that.