View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
pbf98
AF Contributor

Device(s): Droid Razr Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Verizon

So you're saying we should just disregard what has happened in the past just because of some internet meme?

Don't want me to refrence hitler / nazi's? ok:

“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
- Joseph Stalin

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. By 1987 that figure had risen to 61,911,000.

“The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. … They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.”
- Benito Mussolini, address to the Italian Senate, 1931

Two more examples of government confiscating guns.

How will registering guns prevent another mass shooting? Isn't that what they are trying to achieve by attempting to pass more gun control laws? If it has no affect why is it needed? Why should I give into saying I am ok with registering all my firearms? It is my right to keep and bear arms with out the government telling me what i can and can't have or do.

The government belongs in gun control just as much as they belong in controlling the internet.