View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #39 (permalink)
copestag

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Nonymous View Post
And registration of guns infringes on that right how?
lets get that started with a softball for you........ it violates my right to privacy for one....... I dont want my name, phone number, home address, etc published in the local newspaper and appearing on a public map stating how many and what types of firearms I own for all the world to see

the constitution doesnt grant me the right to own a firearm....... I already have that right....... the constitution restricts the government from violating my rights

and truth be told........ while I would agree common sense dictates we need certain laws limiting things like felons and mentally ill people from owning weapons..... I dont truly believe thats constitutional either...... if you want to take a hardline on it

the constitution doesnt say the right shall not be infringed unless youre a felon or mentally ill......... it says it shall not be infringed..... period

techinally speaking by constitutional law....... there should be nobody prevented for any reason........ convictions/mental status/sex/height/AGE/gay/black/alaskan/etc/etc........ but I digress ..... as common sense does dictate that some groups for the good of humanity need to be prevented