View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #83 (permalink)
pmm75

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct1975 View Post
In a previous job, as a Government contractor, working for a specific agency, I was required not only to delete a MySpace account I had at the time, but I also was required to sign a document prohibiting me from using any social networking site for a period of 25 years.
I signed the document because I wanted to keep the job I had at the time, did not really care either way about social networks, and did not want to get into a tangle with the Federal Govt.
Sounds totally bizarre to me but maybe laws where you live enable you to sign contracts to give away your personal freedoms long after you've quit the job. I understand perfectly the need for NDA's but did they even give you any proper reason? I tried Googling (pun intended) for a while but couldn't really find anything resembling your case. Just some people who claimed they were forbidden by government from receiving endorsement and had issues with them in LinkedIn. Not sure what country's government it was though.

25 years is a long time. For all we know, the social networks might be certified indentity providers long before that although I seriously hope that never happens
The Following User Says Thank You to pmm75 For This Useful Post:
kct1975 (January 24th, 2013)