View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
chanchan05
Killer Psychologist

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,942 Posts

1. Not sure about Nexus as I haven't used one. But Samsung offers a Google-Free experience on their phones should you want it. You could use the phones without even registering/activating a Google account on it. My sister used her Galaxy Fit for two weeks before I started to wonder why she wasn't able to download any games at all (which was because the phone was not associated with a Google account). Without any Google activation, they won't even know that the phone you own is already out of the box AFAIK.

2. Contacts could be saved into a phone only memory which does not sync to Google. I know HTC, Motorola, Sony and Samsung has this option, but not sure about your Nexus.

Basically, I could factory reset my Samsung devices, and on startup skip the Google activation and just use the phone. I can still get many apps from legit sources like Samsung's own AppStore for Android, and Amazon. That's probably as Google free as you can get: No Google service running at all with your login.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE