Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Miriele5773
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New here

Hi. I'm Miri and I'm a 29 year old mother from Brooklyn. I've just made the switch from Blackberry to Android and quickly realized there was a need to root my phone. After painfully pouring over everything there is to know about Rooting, I took the plunge today...as well as purchased my first Android Tablet. Since I am new to Android, I decided to purchase cheaper versions: namely LGE L9-P769 which has power, but an extreme amount of bloatware which bothers me. I hope to become much more familiar with Android and the rooting capabilities before upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy III. When I do that, I plan on turning my LG L9 into a child monitored phone which will allow my oldest daughters to have functionality and to keep up with the Jones' while giving me ultimate control over how the phone is used and monitoring functionality.

So, far...Android is so much better than Blackberry it is no wonder that Android has become the most popular operating system in America. Blackberry hasn't got a chance of catching up with the features and ability to customize. I have several friends who adore their Apple iPhones and iPads, but they are basic users who want it to be set-up out of the box. I prefer the ability to customize much more and require specific functions from my devices. I have a large family and I run two businesses: standard functions are not compatible with my life.

So...that was much longer than I expected. Again, I'm new to Android. Therefore, any suggestions you might have I am eager to hear.

Thanks!

Miri