View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
botsareafterus
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Incorrect. If Android couldn't access my contacts list I couldn't sync it across all three of my devices. If I didn't want that to happen then unchecking the options in Accounts & Sync/Google would stop it.

There is a choice - disable all the sync options within Android. Heck, you don't even HAVE to create a Google account if you don't wish to... that can be skipped during setup.

Please be more circumspect with your language. You seem to be suggesting that the many members here with several years of experience using Android are not capable of making educated decisions for themselves.
Please don't take offense. My point was that a lot opeople do upload all their data to google servers without question. I wasn't suggesting that I was the only intelligent person who understands the true insidious nature of Android. Then I'd really be a whackjob.

During install I looked for an option to skip providing the email link, but I couldn't find one. If I wanted to proceed with the phone, I had to give google my email account. It was running stock Android 4.1.

Even if it could be skipped, there is an uncomfortable amount of integration with Google services. I couldn't find an option to use other cloud services. Perhaps its because I'm unfamiliar with the OS.
Last edited by botsareafterus; January 22nd, 2013 at 03:29 PM.