, what a great post! Has saved my bacon!!!
Took a while but got there in the end.
Just as a confirmation I followed these procedures: -
1. Make sure your tablet has been charged for at least an hour AND is powered off.
2. Open "livesuit" folder, click on the Livesuit107.zip file and press Ctrl-S to download folder the your system.
3. Extract the files from this ZIP file to a folder your system.
4. Run LiveSuit.exe. (On Windows 7 I had to run the LiveSuitPack_version_1.07_2011026.exe to install the device driver first)
4a. Click through the pages of the wizard (select the format option) until you get to finish page and click finish.
5. In LiveSuit click on [SelectImg] button.
6. Load IMG file from \M1050 Firmware Image File\ folder.
7. While pressing Volume Down (Vol -) button, connect the USB cable between your Windows computer and the tablet.
8. Press Power button approximately 10 times until you see Livesuit open on your computer asking about formatting the unit.
9. Click on the Yes button twice.
10. You should now see the progress of the update. This will take a couple of minutes. Once completed, the tablet should be successfully updated.
And hey presto my M1050S is back in the land of living.
Again, great post...