View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:28 PM   #182 (permalink)
Szadzik

Device(s): Galaxy S4 Galaxy Note 10.1 Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos31820 View Post
For such an ardent believer in hard numbers and statistics it sure looks like you take liberties making up your own percentages in items 1, 3, and 6.

I get your point, nobody knows exactly what is causing the SD failures. However, for the people who are experiencing the issue with an S3, statistics mean very little. The problem is very real for them and it should be ok for them to discuss the issue or even infer the problem may be related to the phone. In the world of statistics, this is after all a viable possibility, even if a remote one.

Don't get so hung up on what people may or may not think after reading this or any other thread. As a statistics guy, you know that a miniscule percentage of Galaxy S3 owners frequent web forums. Also, it's true that hardly anyone ever comes to a forum to say "my phone is working fine". The nature of the forums lends itself to discuss problems so most threads are just that.

The point of the forum should be to discuss, whether we agree or not. I have read these forums as I research my next phone. Tonight, I will be buying an S3 to replace my iPhone 4S. This thread is not going to keep me from buying the phone or using an SD card but I'm glad I read about it and I'm going into it making an informed decision.
30 million sales by November 2012. Add November, December, January and it will be at least 35 million.

0.001% is 350. We have less than 200 in this thread, but let's assume that as our start number.

You are still right, everyone has the right to discuss the issue. I just see no reason to make such far fetched conclusions and ASSUME S3 kills all of those cards.

Reasons for a card to die.

1. The phone is actually defective and kills it.
2. The SD Card is defective
3. The Phone is connected to a PC and disconnected improperly.
4. The card is taken out of the phone without unmounting it.
5. The PC the phone is connected to has a virus, etc.
6. The media placed on the card is corrupt.

It is all just an assumption, but divide the number of users here by 3 and we get the number of 100 users affected.

Did not even bother checking what percentage that is as it already is negligible.

Discussion of course is a good thing, but drawing conclusions about anything on the basis of 0.001% of its population is not a great idea and this thread's title is simply inadequate.
OT MaxDB, CD1, CD5, J5, GD96, ME45, T68i, X6, CX65, A925, E398, MPx200, X6-2, OT715, D600E, W810, M600i, BB8100, W880, N95-2, P1i, Ignito, W880, X1, MS1, MS2, TP851, XT910, GTab 10.1, SGS3, SGS4, SGNote 10.1, Nexus 7 II