View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2010, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
one.zero
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

FINALLY.

I got it working. What many of us seem to be missing is after setting up the APN, you have to restart the phone at least once so the sim is properly provisioned for data access. These are the correct settings for AT&T (gophone or postpaid):

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
proxy: none
port: none
username: wap@cingulargprs.com
password: CINGULAR1 (case sensitive)
Server: none
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN Type: none

In addition, YES, a hard reset is necessary - the Tattoo only likes to take your google account information on that initial boot. I had to reset twice because the first time around, I skipped the account setup and could not get it working even with the 3G mobile network enabled. During the initial boot, I did not have time to setup the wifi so cannot confirm if you need to use the data line portion of your sim to initiate contact Android market to get your google account setup.

After getting things setup the first time around, it works flawlessly on wifi with my blocked GPRS sim card.

$10 for the sim + 1MB of data to get my access to android market - man. Anyway, if anyone can confirm that the hard reset trick with mobile network off and wifi will still allow you to setup your google account for android market, that would be great!