View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
skeeter7766
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Send a message via AIM to skeeter7766
Default Samsung GT2 Encryption Not Working After GB Update

I own a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (3113) tablet. Besides whatever settings I had made to it, I encrypted the drive, and the SD card. A few days ago, after I logged on using my password (twice), I was told via a message that I had an update, and that it would not download until I decrypted my drive, which I did.

After my tablet updated to version 4.1.1 from 4.0.4, and I tried to shut the tablet down, it started to do something to each app, or to a few of my apps of which there are many, the device finally shut down.

After I rebooted it, I decided to re-encrypt the drive (for security reasons), and when I went to Security, as I had done before, the "Encrypt here," or some phrase like that, was "greyed out." I shut the device down, and re-booted, went to Security again, and I encountered the same thing. After, receiving the update to Jelly Bean, 4.1.1, encrypting the drive has been made impossible. I'm not crazy about the new Android J.B. layout, but I can learn to live with it. I have been using Windows and Linux since they came on the scene in the early 1990s, and I've seen dozens of changes, however the encryption problem after the update really bothers me.

I would appreciate any help that anyone can give to me.

Thanks!
Last edited by skeeter7766; January 23rd, 2013 at 04:59 PM.