View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
A.Nonymous
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxpert83 View Post
I've always been a believer in finding the one when you aren't looking.

Then again I'm the young 20-something who is in no rush
Yeah, I was that way w/the same philosophy when I was your age. Then I woke up at 32 all alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0stTr0n View Post
Exactly, and there are FAAAAAAR to many unwanted and unloved kids in this world with piss poor excuses for fathers and I refuse to become part of that, even if it means I have to die alone. I'm better then that at least
Couldn't agree more. I hate, loathe, detest and despise people who have kids because they are lonely and want someone who will love them. I pity them as well to be honest. These unwanted kids grow up to be burdens on society in most cases and in a best case scenario end up saddled with long term emotional and psychological issues. I would never do that to a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
At least you're realistic about it. If marriage is what you want, you're going to have to give up at least some of your "deal breakers". Those things work both ways, you know.
I don't disagree with that. It's a trade off. When you're younger you can wait around for someone who fills everything you're looking for. As you get older you get to the point where you take whatever happens to be left which is sad. It's true, but sad. You take whatever happens to be available and compromise what you wanted and you realize the person you're with is doing the same thing. Ugh. Like I said. Regrets.

Quote:
One piece of advice that I heard was to find someone who's life is heading in the same direction as yours. Of course if your life is stalled at the moment, you need to take care of that first. I see that you're active in the political section. Tea Party, right? Try attending some events. Volunteer to host one at your house. That's a good way to break the ice and meet people who think like you do.
This is part of the problem. I'm a fairly ambitious guy. That's how I got where I am. Most of the women I know are the type who want to get married, stay home and pop out 14 kids. There is nothing at all wrong with any of those things, but it's not the direction I want in my life. I want to travel, see the world, experience things and make a crap ton of money in the process.

Tea Party? Tea Party? I'm deeply offended to even be associated with such whack jobs (apologies to any whack jobs reading this). I'm a dyed in the wool Libertarian these days although back in my college days I would've fallen in with the Tea Party crowd. I have seen the light since then.

Quote:
I don't know what hobbies or other interests you have, but it should go without saying that the ones that don't attract many women aren't likely to yield results. If you're short on hobbies, maybe it's time to pick a new one. Or take a night school class. Lots of middle aged folks in those.
I have a few hobbies, but none that are chick magnets. I keep fish and have been known to dabble in writing. I am also trying to learn either the sax or the trumpet this year. I also read quite a few comic books and I'm into tech of course. None of these things attract the ladies sadly. I'm also active in my church, but the young ladies I meet there are of the very traditional variety. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm not the type to settle down, have a bunch of kids and live in suburbia.