View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
jjaammhh

Device(s): International S3 GT-i9300 1 GB RAM Quad Core 1.4 GHz
Carrier: Yoigo (Xfera)

Default Apps constantly restarting when low of RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblood990 View Post
So my RAM's lower limit keeps on increasing even when i clear my memory manually...ive also used Apps like GO Task Manager....

FOR EXAMPLE :
the phone starts with 54% ram...
it keeps on increasing gradually even when i clear memory ....like 58% then to atleast 90%...and when clearing memory on 90% it only clears upto like 70% MAX.

any tips ??
Got the same problem here with an international S3 GT-9300 with only 1 GB of RAM.

I know about Android's caching strategy, and I don't complain about it. My problem is that when I run out of RAM applications get restarting constantly, and my S3 goes unusable. Even keyboard dissapears every few seconds and doesn't let me to write anything.

I'm trying reseting device to stock firmware with no user apps and problem has kept on.

After rebooting device everyhing goes really fast and smooth for hours, but when runs out of RAM.....

Problem has been present in following official (only updated by OTA) Android versions: 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.1.2 (my current multiwindowed version from Samsung)

Doing top via ssh to my device shows a process called something 'Android host' getting bigger and bigger and so on. I've seen it up to 880 MBs before device turning unusable....

Can't see many cases like mine on the Internet, but S3s of two well known people of mine have similar behaviors...

Does anyone know something could help?

Really many thanks in advance