Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Nabeel7562
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default need help

Thank you all!
Actually when i bought my first smartphone, it was an android; samsung galaxy ace duos s6802. when i started to use it, it had an issue, it would turn off automatically and wudnt turn back on until i would take out the battery and put it back again! since it had warranty, i gave it to the service centre, and they gave it back after 8 days and told me they unistalled and reinstalled the software. anyways the gingerbread on it worked fine. i recently bought samsung galaxy S duos, s7562 and ICS on it is working gr8 and i didnt have any issues with it except one very annoying one!

I hope i can get some help here as it's probably my PC's software issue and service centre wont be able to help me out.

so here's the problem: when i want to connect my phone to my PC through KIES, it will simply not connect. The "connecting" message keeps running but it simply doesn't connect. BUT when i connect my phone to my office computer (which is on a network), the KIES quickly recognizes it! this means that there isnt anything wrong with either my phone's software, or KIES, but my home PC is probably giving me trouble. Also, when i connect my device to my home PC, a message appears on my device thus: "Unable to find software on your pc that can recognise your device, service pack 3, windows media player version 10 or higher for windows xp must be installed." FYI i use win xp on both home PC and office computer. ive installed win xp service pack 3 and wmp 11, but KIES would still not recoginse my device. also when i connect my device as a camera, PTP, my computer recognises it even without KIES and gives me some options to transfer my photos etc. but when i connect my device as a media device, MTP, it most of the time doesn't recognise my device (with or without KIES), although a few times my device got recognised (without KIES) and i was able to access the phone and ext. SD card's memory, but it doesn't happen everytime. My computer does recognise my device as a camera (without KIES) each time but not as a media device (with or without KIES)!!! that's simply annoying. I dont understand why cant i have an android phone without any issues!
Also, ive unistalled and reinstalled KIES many times on my PC, it didnt work. I searched the net and applied few fixes but none of them worked for me.

I hope i can get some help here.

regards,

Nabeel