View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #185 (permalink)
JonnyDroid

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100) Stock
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by TadeoNYC View Post
I'd like to hear from other members who have contacted any type of tech support for service of either the card or phone.
I have just had a 2nd card failure on the Note 2, both of which occurred after 19 days, exactly. There were no warning signs that the card was about to fail, I just woke up to the card removed unexpectedly error message. On the first card, it happened while the phone was on charge overnight & on the second it happened while the phone was just sitting on my table, again overnight.

The first time it happened, I tried rebooting the phone to see if the card would be recognised - nothing. Then, I tried a different card in the phone - it was recognised instantly. So, I tried the defective card in another phone & PC (Windows & Linux) & it was not recognised. I had the card replaced by the retailer the first time & thought no more of it - putting it down to being a faulty card & just one of those things.

This time, I decided to ring Samsung tech support. Amazingly, the operator tried to tell me that it is a software issue & that it would need to be fixed by having the software updated. When I queried the logic of this, she proceeded to waffle on about how this was somehow Google's fault in the way they release software and/or the initial release of each version, before telling me how she had, different, multiple (software) issues with her HTC One X as some kind of validation. She then gave me the phone numbers of the service centres I could use to get my phone 'fixed'.

I rang the numbers she gave me & the guy I spoke to immediately said that the issue was almost certainly hardware related & would necessitate the phone being sent away for repair.