View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #1420 (permalink)
MikeRL

Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Me too. I will test this later today. My course on C is done all in Microsoft visual studio. I want to learn some GCC and github alongside. Can you guys teach me some of what you know? I think it will be beneficial to me as well. I honestly don't think that everything is done on Windows. Windows may have beat Linux in the PC market, but what about mobile and servers? I don't want to be tied to Microsoft either. I'm no fanboy but I don't want to go the way of the dinosaur as non Microsoft alternatives become more and more popular. Plus with some knowledge I can help MTDEV and free up dsmryder to work on CM9. I can start on CM7 as it should be easy. When I get enough practice, I can also assist on CM9 and CM10. I want to kill two birds with one stone here. My professor has also promised that he can assist me in porting my applications from Windows to Linux as practice. Then I can take on Android with expertise and you guys can breathe a little easier. I don't care that I don't use the Triumph that much anymore. The Nexus 4 has plenty of CM hackers, but MTDEV is shrinking and I would like to eventually take the helm and keep the ship afloat. I really would not want to see the Triumph be abandoned. Motorola has already abandoned us. I refuse to.
Be a pal and sign up for Dropbox with this URL (if you haven't already got an account) It will assist me and you by giving us both an extra 500MB space. Useful for all the uploads I share with you guys.