View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #131 (permalink)
JTChance

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Apparently there are several different versions of the LT7033. Back before Christmas, I won a Klu LT7033 as a door prize at my office Christmas party. I found these forums as a result, proceeded to root it per the instructions here, but could not get the Google Market to run properly. This particular device had a small thin outer bezel, and was not rooted out of the box, and would only charge with the AC adapter.

As luck would have it, about 2 weeks after getting it, something happened with the display and it became all washed out and unreadable. So my co-workers returned it to the store for an exchange. I got a Klu LT7033 back, but it is not the same device. The outer bezel is wider, almost like a Kindle Fire HD, and all the buttons are different. This device appears to charge from the USB port (it states that it is charging when it is plugged it) and it also has an AC adapter for charging. This new device was also rooted out of the box, and had a root file manager already installed. Getting Google Play to work was extremely simple. I downloaded the APK, and pasted it in the \system\app folder and rebooted. That was it. I have never been so glad something broke in all my life because I got a better device in the exchange (or so it seems so far).

As such, I would take the instructions you find here with a grain of salt because you do not know which version of the device the instruction giver has. It could very well be different than yours.

Just my experience.

EDIT

Upon further review, when I go to Settings>About Tablet the Model Number is listed as GT704. I do not see LT7033 anywhere.
Last edited by JTChance; January 28th, 2013 at 09:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JTChance For This Useful Post:
scary alien (January 29th, 2013)