View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #86 (permalink)
FLAWLESSVW

Device(s): Boost Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch 4G) Stock Rooted JB, HP Touchpad 16GB CM10
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Default Re: Google+ Accounts Now Used for Play Store Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjschmidt View Post

I keep seeing people say they don't/won't have a Google+ account, but a Google+ account page (even if you never use the service) is automatically created for every Gmail account.

So, unless you are somehow "grandfathered" out, or have managed to delete the G+ account without hurting your Gmail account, then despite what you may think, you do have a G+ account.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, more data is always good.
Although I've never gone to the actual G+ url and logged in or created an account, I always thought there was one automatically created for me, especially since activating my first Android device. I've had a Gmail account since I got outta Nam, but think the G+ got tacked on when I got a smartphone... I just get the idea the account is hanging out there.

I just went to G+ on my PC and entered my Gmail login and it takes me to a screen saying "Join Google + by creating your public profile", (Step 1 Upgrade, Step 2 Add people, Step 3 Be awesome).

So I don't know. Do I have an account or not. I really don't want one or want to be forced to have one to accomplish other things (like rating an application that has absolutely nothing to do with G+. May as well force me to have a Starbucks reward card to vote in an election)