View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM   #89 (permalink)
Frisco
=Luceat Lux Vestra=

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Tab 7" 2
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 9,265 Times in 5,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davoid View Post
Sorry did you mean "have" or "save"? because I think having a link would surely save staff from having to move as many threads.

I like this idea, because it would help new members of a forum to find the off-topic thread, which could also be found in the watering hole sub-forum of the Lounge. This will also go some way towards helping the members venture out of their device-specific forum and discover the larger scope of the site.
Actually I did mean "have," not "save," but your point, although seeming opposite of mine, seems just as valid. We both may be right, in the sense that Staff does cruise the device areas for, among many other reasons, for topic drift that gets away from device talk altogether (we used to do that for topic drift that got away from the thread title, but that began to seem like micro-management in many cases).

I see the pivot point on a "watering hole" to be the expressed desire for one by the members in that device area, much more than Staffers thinking one is needed. And, as you say, Staffers creating one with the associated link would save having to mess with posts and threads getting chatty.

My point was more from the angle of the work we do as Staffers having an extra eye out for stuff which may have to be moved to the watering holes.

Time for coffee. Brb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frisco For This Useful Post:
downthemachine (February 2nd, 2013), Thom (February 3rd, 2013)