Well, somebody had to start one, so I did
So does the "Epic" refer to the thread? Or the phone
? You be the judge
Anyway, post rumors, speculations and anything else you can find about this epic phone! Try to stay (mostly) on topic, and BE CIVILIZED.
I'll do my best to keep track of the rumored / confirmed specs and consolidate everything here in the OP. Stay tuned for the latest.
And here we go!
Let's start with this:
HTC One vs Moto X:
Specs so far:
- 4.7" 720p RGBC AMOLED screen (with very thin bezel)
- 2200 mAh non-removable battery (but with awesome battery life)
- Dual-core processor (including low-power for always-listening mode)
- Clear Pixel 10MP camera sensor
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Complete hands-free operation due to voice recognition
- Active notifications
BUT: 2000+ CUSTOM DESIGN OPTIONS! Wood backs in Q4 2013!
This phone is NOT going to compete in the spec wars. Ever. What it WILL do, however, is compete in functionality: doing what you need it to do, and doing it very well.
Can a 720p screen actually look BETTER than a 1080p screen?
The (maybe) "Epic" Motorola X Pre-Release Thread
August 23rd (on AT&T)
August 29th (on other carriers - Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon)
Approximately $700 off-contract, $200 with 2-year contract