View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
mavrikmeercat
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Prevail CyanogenMod7, Samsung Transform Ultra Megatron, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1,
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanize View Post
Not to take this thread off tangent - but here is a bit of experimenting fun with a caveat but interesting nevertheless:

[GUIDE]How To Port Different ROMS to Your Device (Simplest and Fastest)

So may be you all can get together and try making a custom rom for your LT7033

I tried to port the Slim Bean custom rom from my Nexus 7 to the Proscan PLT7035-B and failed

Am getting the following while trying to install in CWM.

Format and Mount System, Mount Data...
E:Error in /external_sd/Base_rom.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted

Guessing the rom size was too big. So it is back to the drawing board for now.

By the way, first of all, please do check if your CWM backup is working fine because I found out the hard way that it was not.

Some tools from Play store that I have been using for a long time and always come in handy:

Quick Boot and ROM manager along with Titanium Backup.

Cheers
Some crucial advice so everyone please take it.

Never, and I mean never , try to flash a rom for another device.
@ vilcanize, the nexus 7 is and has a completely different format (emmc) ours being (mtd)
and also has a completely different kernel, boot, recovery, and system than any version of the curtis tablets. Flashing something from the nexus 7 would certainly result in a dead tablet. You should be thankful that the dev of that rom was smart enough to add a check in the updater-script(the script that tells cwm how to install the rom) to check the name and the device model #. In your case, that check failed and the install was aborted. That's what status 0 means. Otherwise you would have a paperweight.

A rom, kernel, boot.img, recovery, system, and even userdata is device specific and must be designed on and for that device only. No exceptions on that.

Rom Manager is made from the developers of Clockworkmod and is designed to only be used with supported devices and devices that have official AOSP or AOKP ports. These chineeze tablets probably will never see oficial support from cwm or rom manager unless one of those devs over in xda makes it so but don't hold your breath. Rom Manager is designed for the big named devices like the SGS2 and the SG TAB, the google nexus 7 and other popular devices like such.

ROM MANAGER CAN BRICK YOUR CURTIS DEVICE!!!!!

Can't stress that enough........
The Following User Says Thank You to mavrikmeercat For This Useful Post:
vulcanize (February 4th, 2013)