View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
eskyguy
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Post Strong AN4 - Android 4.0 Set Top Box

Hey guys,

Purchased this little guy to replace an older set top box that wasn't working too well after a few months. It runs Android 4.0 Ice cream sandwich so it's got flash support and because it has a tuner in it I can watch TV as well. Has wifi inbuilt too so you can browse the internet - it's basically a tablet on your TV.

So far I am very happy with it... I even got a wireless keyboard and mouse working with it which makes it a lot easier to use 'cause it gets pretty old with just the remote and playing games on it is a lot better that way, too. Haven't tried using a PS3 controller yet but my friend says he got it working. If all else fails I've got a Nexus 7 to use as a remote instead anyway via an app like tablet remote.

I was a little worried about it not doing HD video but it even does that well too so I've no qualms with it's performance; it records the high def stuff from free-to-air to a USB or external hard drive and you can play it back with a video player app as well.

Has anyone else got this and can you recommend any good apps for it? I struggle to think of any that I don't have already on my tablet but surely there must be some cool stuff to put on the TV?