View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
UBRocked
VZW Nexus Please!!!

Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 1,593 Times in 863 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
Would be cool

I fear the availability will be slightly late, but we can dream ("sampling" means they could already have them in prototypes, and if Moto were given sufficient specs to do design work a few months back.....).
That processor is "rumored" to be in the Galaxy S4. All depends on when these devices are coming out. Google I/O is in May so...let the speculation continue LOL! My second pick would be the NVidia Tegra 4 but I'm not holding my breath on Moto using that chipset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
I'm just worried that if there's no compromises, the msrp is going to be like $1000 or so. That will make it extra hard to swallow buying at full retail.
Depends on the "purpose" of this phone. If the Nexus 4 is a reference device not really designed to sell in the tens or hundreds millions arean...what is the purpose of the X Phone? My guess would be that this phone is intended to SELL...massively. Profit margins can shrink if you think you can move an ass ton of them.

What is the problem with most new Android phones? They are not relevant for an entire year let alone two years. "Just enough" better than last month's big phone is not enough to have stellar sales figures for more than a quarter. They need something that can last as a top tiered phone for at least a year. Just my opinion but Moto has made so many wrong turns that this is all probably just wishful thinking