View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #1448 (permalink)
Tokens210

Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140812
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielkeyes45 View Post
So I got this bluetooth adapter as a gift and it streams music perfectly to my sound system from my Nexus 7. However, when I try to stream music from my Triumph (2012-12-28 MTDEV CM7 build) the audio quality/range is horrible if I am more than two feet away from the bluetooth receiver.
I am wondering if anyone else on this build has any issues streaming bluetooth, or if it is just a combination of the receiver's hardware and the Triumph not working well together. Based on the cost of the bluetooth adapter, I would normally just attribute the poor quality to that device, but it works great on the Nexus 7. Any advice would be appreciated.

not an expert but if i were to take a stab at this, id say it could be 1 of 2 things

1. The bluetooth in the nexus has better antenna power/range giving you a much better connection at a greater distance

2. The bluetooth in the Triumph and the adapter may be different versions of bluetooth, i just had a pc/game controller issue where bluetooth versions were the culprit, bluetooth started with version 1.0 i believe and recently it went to 2.0 then 2.1 and while they say its 100% backwards compatible they sometimes have issues with one another

The pc/game controller issue i mentioned was a PS3 controller which runs bluetooth 2.0 and my adapter which is supposed to be dual band 2.0 and 2.1, turns out its just backwards compatible 2.1, gave me hours upon hours of trouble before i actually got it working correctly even tho the adapter says backwards compatible with 2.0 and 1.0 sometimes electronics dont play nice with one another lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokens210 For This Useful Post:
danielkeyes45 (February 6th, 2013)