View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #48 (permalink)
jhawkkw

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 5,828 Times in 3,290 Posts
jhawkkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Depends on the "purpose" of this phone. If the Nexus 4 is a reference device not really designed to sell in the tens or hundreds millions arean...what is the purpose of the X Phone? My guess would be that this phone is intended to SELL...massively. Profit margins can shrink if you think you can move an ass ton of them.

What is the problem with most new Android phones? They are not relevant for an entire year let alone two years. "Just enough" better than last month's big phone is not enough to have stellar sales figures for more than a quarter. They need something that can last as a top tiered phone for at least a year. Just my opinion but Moto has made so many wrong turns that this is all probably just wishful thinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
Assuming you are keeping Unlimited Data then lol...I know I could buy it at the discount with an extension on my current plan, but I mean it could still be like 400$ with that...*gulp*
Yep, plan on keeping unlimited and want to keep my freedom. I have fallen out of favor of the subsidy system and would be a hypocrite if I took one . If the bootloader is unlocked and we'll be able to flash radio files, then I hope that it has some hspa+ radios in it as well. This way if Verizon annoys me too much, I can walk and take it to one of the GSM carriers.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4