Alrighty, so there've been some nice advances already in this relatively new phone. Here's a small guide to help
Before starting, be sure you have the latest LG drivers. One way to do this is to connect the phone before doing any of this and let your computer do the new hardware found stuff. If that doesn't pop up you should be good.
Or go to the LG Website
and download the newest driver
Optional: Download a reboot app to your phone (Quick Boot is what I have.) In my personal experience (I haven't heard anyone else say this) my phone got stuck on the last reboot and I couldn't get the power button to bring up the power down menu. I removed the battery and plugged it back in, booted up the phone and everything was dandy. Having Quick Boot would've made this easier and made me not worry about pulling the battery, though it worked out.
1. Download and unzip the optimusmplus_root_windows.zip file attached below.
2. On your phone, go to Settings > Applications > Development and be sure that USB Debugging is checked.
2. Plug your OM+ into your computer, and unplug any other phones you might have plugged in.
3. Locate the folder you unzipped from step 1, and run run.bat.
4. Sit back and let it do it's thing. Your phone should reboot 3 times. If you're stuck on the reboot after "Cleaning up..." reboot your phone using Quick Boot.
5. Enjoy your rooted phone!
6. If you haven't already, head over to the Bump up your networks speeds
thread and boost your data service (if you're noticing really... really slow speeds, like <0.20mbps )
7. If you like this post, hit the Thanks button