View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dave L
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One X, Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Low in-call volume fixed

Well I have been suffering with low in-call volume for a while now. This problem seemed to exist for me since the last ICS update. I was hoping JB may have fixed it but it didn't.

I tried volume + and many of the other potential fixes. Nothing seemed to help. I was thinking of getting rode of the One X. Then I recalled reading a post on here or over on XDA, can't remember, about cleaning the tiny speaker grill holes with a soft tooth brush. At the time thought, nah! My phone is really clean, if those holes where clogged I would be able to see it. So I dismissed that idea out right.

So here I was weeks later and the volume is no better. If I'm in a quiet room its manageable but any ambient noise at all and hearing the caller was a real struggle.

Last night I was browsing the forums to see if there had been any fixes for the low volume lately. Nothing, so I thought I had nothing to lose and got a soft toothbrush and gently scrubbed over the speaker holes. I wasn't expecting any difference because they looked perfectly clean to me.

WoW! What a difference. I can't believe how much difference that has really made. I have now uninstalled the volume + and have had to turn down the volume.

So to the guy who first suggested this fix, I apologise for dismissing the idea all those weeks ago and thanks to you I'm no longer thinking of getting rid of my trusty One X.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dave L For This Useful Post:
4fingus (September 25th, 2013), delboy89 (July 7th, 2013), El Presidente (February 10th, 2013), Frisco (February 13th, 2013), GuitarG20 (February 10th, 2013), lpchester7 (December 21st, 2013), Nemesco (June 21st, 2013), shiner01 (July 25th, 2013)