View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #268 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,535 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
Way to hold to your principles, man.
First of all, that's WOman. Second of all, when I started playing Roller Coaster Tycoon, circa 1999 or 2000, Linux wasn't NEARLY as popular or well known as it is now. So complaining back THEN wouldn't make sense.

Quote:
Linux, for me, is about flexibility, capability, and budget. It is a tool, no more, no less. A very good tool, mind you, and powerful in many respects.

That doesn't mean that I will (or must) reject other tools just because I prefer this particular one.

That is like saying, "I absolutely refuse to eat pie, because I have a preference for chocolate cake." Sorry, but a slice of apple pie just goes better with vanilla ice cream...
Sorry, but that's a piss-poor analogy. For me, it's not ONLY that Linux is vastly superior to m$ products in every conceivable way, such as security, stability, customization, power, etc., but there's also the principle involved of not supporting a company whose shady, often illegal, business practices got them where they are. Or should I say WERE. I can only imagine the anguish in Redmond as Linux has overtaken the world. You do use Android, right? So a better analogy would be, "I'd love a slice of apple pie with vanilla ice cream on top, rather than my usual chocolate cake. However, the apple pie is made in a third-world sweatshop where people work 15 hour days for pennies, and on principle I can't support that. So I'll stick with the chocolate cake made in the US for living wages."