View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #271 (permalink)
MoodyBlues
- Crazy peacock person -
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,361 Times in 822 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Daemon View Post
How's that working out for you? How many companies have responded to the "vinegar" approach?
Very well, thank you! Remember when web sites REQUIRED Internet ExploDer in order to access them? Yeah, that's a foggy memory for me, too, now that it's ancient history--because *I* and other like-minded people COMPLAINED, and told those companies we wouldn't do business with them until they were accessible by Linux users. There aren't any windows-based applications I need/want/care about, so I haven't complained about software, per se, in a long time. Only recently, and as a result of reading a question here about Netflix, did I pull out my old "as long as you're not supporting Linux I won't be a customer" routine.

Quote:
I spent much of yesterday watching episodes of a TV show that used to air on CBS, but is now only available on ION, which is only available in SD where I live. The full-HD episodes are available on Netflix, which sure does appear to be running natively on Linux on my Netgear NeoTV box. Netflix is also the only place outside of notmeTunes where I can get early episodes of Top Gear (UK).
How early? I see old episodes of Top Gear all the time on BBC America.

Quote:
I'll leave the deprivation, hair shirts and self-flagellation to the Calvinists and rms...