View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #1789 (permalink)
apple2005

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilF View Post
I have bought from etotalk several times, and generally shipping is fast and communication good. I would suggest that you pay for DHL shipping, as it is faster and safer.

Regarding payment, they accept PayPal. PayPal have a guarantee where you can get your money back if you do not recieve the product or it is not at described. I have used this once for a defective phone, and gotten a full refund from PayPal. The ********** payment is not as reliable in their "claim" handling I have read - you can't really trust their guarantee. I always use PayPal when shopping from China.

Regarding root, I have read that etotalk will not root it, due to warranty from Samsung. Don't know if that is still the case, but if not they normaly have a "etotalk mod rom" that includes root and install of Google Apps. Remember that Google Apps (like Google Play) is not there from the factory, and you need root to install them.

Thanks EmilF for your reply. If etotalk install a modded rom and I have to factory reset at some point. Will the rooting go or it will still be there? As I did rooting for one of my tablet and I have to do resetting due to some problem. After reseeting it needed rooting again..