Yes, the initial seeding is going to be slow, but this is needed. Seeding will be faster later as more people help.
If a person already has the firmware downloaded, they could help speed up the initial seeding by doing this:
- Get the torrent started, and start downloading the file.
- Pause the torrent program.
- Delete and replace the file that your torrent is downloading with a copy of your already downloaded firmware.
- Turn your torrent program back on.
- It should resume at 100% downloaded, and immediately start seeding.