View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Since I mentioned I was able to fit Tough Case into a holster from another case, here is more info about it. I had a cheap ebay case for under $7 which came with a holster (Best case for note 2?). I tossed that holster aside until I just realized that it can be used with Tough Case. Its a generic slide-in holster which I have seen bundled with other ebay cheap cases. The only issue, it would be safe to carry the phone in it only in portrait orientation; maybe some landscape as well but as long as it doesn't point down because the fit is not 100% tight. I don't know what you want to call it, maybe just a mod of Tough case since you can combine it together. I took a bunch of pictures to show you how it looks with that holster, where the phone fits ONLY with a screen facing the holster thus providing extra screen protection. Perhaps, if belt clip is removed, you can just use it as a protective screen slide-in cover if you need to throw you phone in the bag or a pocket and want extra screen protection. I was also wondering if Seidio Active holster will work with this case as well, since it has a spring-loaded latch. But anyway...

Here are more pictures, including a close up of the gap.

Last edited by twister6; February 12th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.