View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM   #315 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Win Duos, Lenovo P700i
Carrier: China Mobile, China Unicom.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 1,780 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
Cairo Dock has a gadget like that, if you mouse-over it it will display like a 5-day forecast and normally shows current conditions, but not sure if you can get your location on it. that i am not too knowledgeable about.
I looked at Cairo a few weeks ago, but I've now really settled on what is pretty much stock KDE 4.8.5, but with the Lancelot launcher rather than the default Kickoff. And I use LXDE, when I want a quick start-up for when I'm teaching in the classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell View Post
KDE also has a built-in tool that displays similar but in the form of a desktop widget.
Saw the desktop one, but can't see it under the browser or whatever else might be running. I'm currently using what is basically a netbook, with a 10 inch screen.

I doesn't really matter, I was just was curious if a weather widget existed would work in the standard KDE taskbar. There is one, but it seems to have the same broken dependency issue as that Nixie tube clock widget you posted about last month Nick. Presumably they require someone with a knowledge of Python and KDE development to go in there and fix them. I usually look at my phone's screen for the weather.
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; February 15th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.