View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Yes and no, ya know?

I get great life (8 hours screen on, wifi) on my LTEvo and average over 16 hours/day no matter what, with a 2000 mAh battery.

Maybe the 2300 mAh with this setup will perform similarly. Those of us grown accustomed to and ok with 16 hours/day or so won't care.

But even that performance isn't enough for some folks. Stick in 3100 mAh and I doubt you'd get more buyers - a day is a day, and that's all I've ever asked for within a reasonable budget.

It's the non-removable battery that's making it a non-starter for many. People losing juice roaming with crappy signals (either kind) and doing a lot of talking for work - just need more.

In my opinion.

PS - bet ya the Sprint version won't be standard.
Good point on the battery life,it's not the capacity, it's the run time. Admittedly, I get caught up in the battery size, which is only one factor in run time.

Just as you, if I can make it from my out-the-door time to well after a long day @ work, etc...., that's all I need/expect for run time.

As long as we're on the subject, I just gotta mention that I'm currently rockin' a ZeroLemon 6300 mAh battery on my SGS III, more than enough juice to make it through a day

Nice to have that option, but, I'd be willing to try the HTC ONE if it can run 12-16 hrs., the specs on this phone are making me seriously consider switching up, lots to like here.........
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (February 19th, 2013)