Thread: DNA or wait?
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
ouch1976

Device(s): HTC One, LG G Pad 8.3, Rooted Motoactv
Carrier: Not Provided

The question of waiting is always a tough call...especially when you don't know exactly how long the wait will be and/or if Verizon will actually get the next greatest phone.

It's highly likely that VZW will get the S4 because the S3 was a big success for them. But we don't know when the S4 will be released (presumably around June).

It's unknown if they will carry the Motorola X because Verizon effed up the GNex and they don't carry the Nexus 4, so Verizon's intentions with Nexus-like devices is questionable. And again, we don't know when the phone will be released.

We know that they will not carry the HTC One, but the DNA is remarkable close in specs, so I'm not surprised in that decision.

And is LG a contender anymore? Their Verizon phones have been complete garbage, so I'm not expecting much from them.

Any others?

The more I think about it, the more it looks like the DNA is a good choice right now. You can get it super cheap at Amazon or Best Buy and if you really want a new phone in 3-4 months, you can always sell it for $400...

I hope this helps.