Thread: DNA or wait?
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Adauth

Device(s): LG G2 , LG G Pad 8.3 GPE
Carrier: Verizon

Default Re: DNA or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouch1976 View Post
Why doesn't Verizon carry the Nexus 4? Why didn't Verizon carry the HTC One X, XL, X+, etc?

Perhaps Verizon will pick up the HTC One, but at that point the technology will be obsolete...

I think you give Verizon too much credit. They are the most rigid of the big US carriers in regards to phone offerings/updates/bloatware.
They don't sell the nexus 4 because it won't work on Verizon's network because it does not work on CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint.

As for the other HTC devices you listed no, they were not available from Verizon but I think it had alot to do with Verizon trying to push other devices in their lineup. Also it might have had something to do with the fact that financially speaking HTC is in alot of trouble. If the one and dna don't do well in terms of sales ,HTC is in deep $h!t. I would be willing to bet my last dollar that Verizon will get the "X" phone. Verizon has always been a huge supporter of Motorola products , also almost every leak/info about the X phone says that it will be available on every major carrier.

I think Verizon knows what they are doing.
They didn't get to be the largest cellular carrier and consistently ranked #1 in coverage/network reliability and customer satisfaction by luck.