Thread: DNA or wait?
View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
ouch1976's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 535
Device(s): HTC One, LG G Pad 8.3, Rooted Motoactv
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 88 Times in 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Adauth View Post
They don't sell the nexus 4 because it won't work on Verizon's network because it does not work on CDMA networks such as Verizon and Sprint.

As for the other HTC devices you listed no, they were not available from Verizon but I think it had alot to do with Verizon trying to push other devices in their lineup. Also it might have had something to do with the fact that financially speaking HTC is in alot of trouble. If the one and dna don't do well in terms of sales ,HTC is in deep $h!t. I would be willing to bet my last dollar that Verizon will get the "X" phone. Verizon has always been a huge supporter of Motorola products , also almost every leak/info about the X phone says that it will be available on every major carrier.

I think Verizon knows what they are doing.
They didn't get to be the largest cellular carrier and consistently ranked #1 in coverage/network reliability and customer satisfaction by luck.
This is all just speculation. All I'm trying to do is to frame the question of whether someone should buy a sweet phone right now or wait. From what is available on Verizon right now, the DNA is one of the best, if not the best phone. It's marginally inferior to the One, in my opinion. So you can pick it up pretty cheap with a new 2 year contract and be really happy for a little while. The next superphones to hit Verizon have not been announced yet, so we have to assume that they are at least a few months away (and probably longer in my opinion). So a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Lastly, economically it always makes sense to buy the newest/greatest phone available at the instant that your upgrade is available. The longer you wait to use your upgrade, the longer you postpone your next benefit and next one and next one, etc. So if you're happy locking in for another 2 years, then you should use your upgrade as soon as available for the best phone possible. Again, you can always resell it later.
ouch1976 is offline  
Reply With Quote