View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Bob Maxey

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistReverend View Post
This still doesn't make sense. Why lock it? Joe shmo doesn't care, so HTC should'nt care. Inspired community members are GOING to get it if they want it.
I maintain that it serves no real purpose other than to piss us off and make us not want to buy that brand because if it pisses us off, then we must want it unlocked.
Carriers have nothing to do with it, I think.
Well, if most users do not care, it really matters very little if a handful of users who want to unlock the BL are pissed off. They do not represent the majority of buyers. Manufacturers and/or carriers do not want people fooling around where manufacturers and carriers think we do not belong.

Seems to me that out of the tiny fraction of those that want unlocked loaders, only a tiny fraction of those know what they are doing in the first place and some of these people have problems. Many people get into trouble trying to root/unlock/jailbreak their devices because they really do not know what they are doing.

When the majority of buyers become pissed, things have a way of changing. A small number of pissed off people matter very little.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Maxey For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (February 21st, 2013)