View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Last year we heard the One X was coming to Sprint, that HTC had stopped making variations and we got the LTEvo and Verizon got some odd Incredible.

Then the Butterfly went to Japan and a variation called the DNA went to Verizon.

This year we're hearing the One is coming to Sprint and everyone is getting the same phone (which, they told us that last year).

If it's an Evo, it's going to have bonuses, if the past is any indication. If it's going to be the One, then that may mark the end of the Evo line.

I bet 10 quatloos we're getting a new Evo.
Normally I would agree with you but I would bet money it will be the One and not an Evo. HTC has been talking about marketing being it's biggest struggle in the past and marketing multiple variations of the same phone for all the different carriers is insanely cost ineffective. They will follow the iPhone strategy here I think. Now I would not bet against us never getting another Evo but I will take the bet that this one will literally stay the One. Also Sprint already has the press release and webpage

HTC One: The New HTC Phone from Sprint
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (February 21st, 2013), Rush (March 16th, 2013)