View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,862 Times in 21,882 Posts
Default Re: Camera talk - the Ultrapixel and more (Keep thread on topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonvdp View Post
I really do like the HTC photos better overall. I do miss not being able to "zoom in" more because I have gotten used to taking photos and cropping out what I don't need instead of getting in closer to the subject, but those photos full size none zoomed, the HTC photos are very clear. The only down side I see from the 2 is that the iPhone tends to have more things "in focus" where the HTC seems to have more of a focal point?
Yep. We don't know if that's software (prerelease), software (compression artifacts), hardware (the iPhone lens is tops), or software/hardware (image stabilization at prerelease).

Point being, some of that may be addressable.

Also, three is a depth of field (focus range) trade-off with an f/2.0 setup. I can say with confidence that that's not an issue with mine.

Tell you what though - I'll decide on something that I can shoot as a reference, and show you the difference between standard HTC compression and and what happens without it. I think two pictures will be worth a thousand words on what I've been going on about.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)

For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
Rxpert83 (February 22nd, 2013)