View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #32 (permalink)
lEquin0xl

Device(s): HTCEVOV4G (Rooted;S-off)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Default Re: Playstation Live PS4 unveiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbf98 View Post
Steam already exists on the PS3, and steam is not a competitor as a platform. It is a service that allows you to buy and download games.

I believe that sony will go to download only in the middle of the PS4s lifespan, and having a company like steam that has already done this in one area would make the transition easier.
Now if they were to go to strictly download only games in the future, you would either need to be able to stream it or increase your hdd space drastically.. from what I have read, the ps3 is easy to upgrade when it comes to hdd space compared to the xbox..
But sony does have a company that offers the ability to stream any game over the internet to a console named in an above post.. Since they spent quite a pretty penny on them you better believe they will start utilizing them as soon as they can and as much as they can.

Just my thoughts
In my opinion the world isn't ready for stream/download only consoles. Except maybe Kansas City with their Google Internet. But I predict in at least 5 to 10 years it will be heavily pushed and Internet will be as common as the flu, with even better technology than it has now. Just look at what Google is doing.
Last edited by lEquin0xl; February 24th, 2013 at 05:29 PM.