View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
mscrivo

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

OP, did you ever find an alternative for BB traffic? I don't think people who haven't used it, realize how good that app is. I've tried both Google maps and waze on my nexus 4 and neither one comes close to providing the functionality of bb traffic. Google maps is really pretty, but is absolutely useless for finding the fastest route based on live traffic conditions. Waze is slightly better, but still is poor at finding an alternate route. It is really good at showing you upcoming traffic jams and accidents though. The beauty of bb traffic was that it would show you the direct route and how much time it would take and then below it the less traffic route, and the less traffic route would find roads I wouldn't even think about like service roads off the highway that often reduced my commute by 10 mins or more sometimes. It's time estimates were also extremely accurate, often with an error margin of +/- 5 mins. It did all this elegantly in a way that fit on the 9900's tiny screen and being easily readable from a distance of one to two feet. I should also note, that this is in Toronto, ontario as it may be relevant to how accurate traffic data is.